Join our growing team.
Trainee Cooks (Namkeen & Sweets Maker)
Namkeen/ Sweet Making is a career chosen by few. There are no known institutional courses. This is a profession chosen either out of individual interest or an individual grown up in a family business of namkeen sweet making. It’s an industry with a very wide base of regional tastes & recipes. It is a very popular product. India exports Namkeen / Sweets to the rest of the world including New Zealand. Locally produced Namkeen & sweets have a good market due to local food hygiene standards & Freshness. A career in sweets / Namkeen making is in demand. It is considered to be an acquired special skill.
About your roll :
- Have an interest in Namkeen & Sweet making
- Be Physically fit. Heavy lifting involved
- Be prepared to relocate to Tokoroa South Waikato
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
We offering :
Full time training and employment for a 3 years contract.
Freshtaste Sweets & Snacks Ltd Manufactures & Distributes “Namkeen” (Indian Snacks) to retailers throughout New Zealand from its factory at Tokoroa, South Waikato. Its sweet making, retail & wholesale is based at 13 St George Street Papatoetoe, Auckland.
We require (3) experienced Namkeen / Sweet Maker to be based at Tokoroa, South Waikato.
You must be :
- Able to work in team environment
- Meet daily production requirement
- Work shifts (Mon/Fri)
- Follow receipts to cook and blend cooked
- Products into final product
- Have a sense of taste.
- Train local cook/trainees.
You must have ability for creating recipes and blending final products compaction to Imported Snacks from India. (Aust or products to be discussed at time of interview.
We offer you :
- Friendly work environment
- Recognition for your contribution
- A salary package above market date based on your skills/ experience and additional contribution.
Application must be New Zealand Citizen, Residents or legal work visa holders.
Please apply with details to Freshtaste sweets & Snacks Ltd at email@example.com